This is the Simplified Chinese (Mandarin) edition of "The Lamb."
The following is the description from the English edition.
How do we explain the gospel to children in a way that they can understand? How do we explain their need for a Saviour without watering down the details? How can we hold their attention long enough to explain what the Bible is all about? How can we be accurate yet sensitive to the fact that they need simpler explanations?
“The Lamb” is a book written for children five to ten years of age. Engaging children with its full-colour illustrations, this picture book takes children on a journey through the heart of the Bible’s message. Starting with the creation of the universe, the book explains key biblical concepts: Who is God? What is God like? What is sin? Where did evil come from? Why do we need a Saviour? The book concludes with a clear explanation of the identity of Jesus and his amazing provision as our Saviour.
The book makes a clear link between Jesus and the Old Testament sacrificial lamb. Issues like death are dealt with in an honest, straightforward manner. The graphic details surrounding the story of salvation are handled sensitively but not watered down. At the end, children will have an explanation of who God is and what he did for mankind on the cross. It is a message of hope that every child should hear.
- Written for children: Enjoyed by all ages, but written for children, ages five and up.
- Fully illustrated: 50 colour paintings by gifted artist, Ian Mastin, bring the gospel story to life. (See ianmastin.com)
- Assumptions: Assumes no prior knowledge of the Bible.
- Chronological: Begins with the creation of the universe, and then progressing sequentially through key Old Testament stories, it moves into the New Testament to reveal the meaning of the cross and the tomb. The main story of the Bible is tied together into one universal, all-encompassing drama.
- Lays a foundation: The creation-to-the-cross approach helps put the entire Bible in context. Helps children understand the overall message of the Bible without confusion.
- Accurate presentation of the gospel: Complex issues such as death, sin, evil, and God’s provision are sensitively presented in way that children can understand.
- Built-in review: Each chapter begins with a review and ends with questions, all designed to ensure children will clearly understand the message.
- Audiobook: Includes CD. The story is narrated by the author and Heather Holdsworth, a gifted children’s teacher. Children can engage in the story by following along in the book as they listen. Includes "The Lamb Song," performed by Carla Newsham and her children: Toni-Marie, Joyelle, & Brooklyn.
- Designed for giveaway: This hardcover book is a beautiful and elegant gift, either for a child or family with children.
- Designed for devotions: Can be read for family devotions or Bible story time.